Monday, March 30, 2009

NYU, here I come!


I've kept this a little under wraps, but I wanted to be the first to tell you all: I got into NYU's graduate program for Nutrition and Dietetics! Yes, I am going back to school. I never thought I would be saying this, but I'm excited to return to the classroom, meet new friends, learn new material, and late night cram. Okay, maybe I'm not thrilled about the cramming part and it certainly won't be late night because I've learned I need to be in bed by 10:30 PM.

How did I come to apply to this program? I've always been interested in helping others live a healthier lifestyle, and it first started with Carasol. After encountering my own health problems and immersing myself in the world of food and health, I realized that nutrition was one of my callings (Carasol and photography being the others), and I wanted to help others feel as good as I do through diet and lifestyle changes. I did a search for graduate programs and found one in my area at NYU. I applied on February 1 and heard back this past Thursday, March 19. The acceptance came in a SMALL envelope, and my heart dropped for a second before I noticed that the envelope was rather plump. I ripped the envelope open, and looked for one word and there it was: congratulations. It was a great feeling to get an acceptance letter and it brought back those warm, fuzzy feelings I got during high school school whenever I received a college acceptance. Hard work really does pay off and I can't wait for classes to start in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment